The thermostat will be rising even more today as the area braces for triple-digit heat and humidity. Head indexes could reach well above 100 degrees.
Higher temps mean more use of air conditioners and other cooling devices. This increased energy usage can mean a spike in your electricity bill. But, there are things you can do to lessen the impact. Some tips are as simple as lowering blinds.
Go to OPPD’s Energy Efficiency page where you will find information and DIY videos to help you save energy and money. Topics include:
- Floor plan for energy efficiency
- Seasonal tips for reducing electricity use
- Tools like an Electric Usage Calculator and Watt Detectors
- Energy-efficiency video library
- Energy Advisor Speakers Bureau
- FAQs about OPPD, electricity rates and saving energy
Occasionally, high heat days can lead to isolated outages caused by equipment failure or other typical outage causes. Please report your outages as you normally do, either online or by calling 1-800-554-6773.